Adrenal Fatigue Midland
Are you looking for a doctor in Midland or Big Spring Texas that specializes in adrenal fatigue? Look no further than Dr. Ahmed!
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is when the adrenal glands do not properly counter the pressure caused from stress.
Common phenomena that can lead to adrenal fatigue include:
- Being stuck, psychologically, in the ‘small picture’; unable to respond to stress proactively
- Not having proper sleep or rest
- Poor diet
- Anxiety or reactive behavior. This can become a vicious cycle of stress for the adrenals.
- Over-working, or an intense drive for success, especially when there is no deeper purpose or meaning behind it
- A lack of emotional or physical outlets
- Environmental toxicity
- An attitude of powerlessness
- Having hypoglycemia and other blood sugar issues
- Severe respiratory infections. These can have a very detrimental effect on adrenals.
- Other physical or emotional traumas of various levels, such as car accidents, the death of a friend or family member, and surviving or even witnessing a catastrophic or tragic event.
Remember, the longer the stress is prolonged and unresolved, the more potential for adrenal fatigue. The good news is that when you address these causes, and support healing intelligently, you can recuperate relatively quickly.
Dr. Ahmed has hormonal treatments for adrenal fatigue that include:
- Pregnenolone: this precursor hormone is produced early in the process of adrenal function. As a neurosteroid, it can boost mental performance. It was discovered in the same period as cortisol, but remained in relative obscurity, since scientists felt they could make more money with synthetic substances derived from cortisol, such as prednisone. Like other hormonal treatments, the safety and effectiveness of pregnenolone is ensured through testing and consultation.
- Cortisol: in some situations, we need to replace cortisol in a natural form (as opposed to the synthetic prednisone). A physician must be consulted, and doses should never exceed 20 mg.
- DHEA: supplementation of this compound is very effective for some people. Having your DHEA levels tested is important, since it is a sex steroid molecule. Also, if you have had cancer, you will have to evaluate the effects of DHEA treatment with a medical doctor.
- Phosphatidylserine: this nutraceutical can support hormonal rebalancing, including exercise-induced elevation of cortisol levels.